After transferring the dimensions from a full-size drawing, which I made some time ago, I have cut the transom from a sheet of 19 mm (3/4″) ply. I have cleaned up the edges with a block-plane and the ROS. The transom is now ready for the forward framing and the doublers.
I have also made and glued the plywood gussets for frames #2 and #7. Given that the gussets are glued with epoxy, I have decided not to use any metal fasteners, i.e. screws. Screws would not contribute to strength against sheer forces because the timber would fail around the screws before the epoxy would give way. The outside edges of the gussets are yet to be buzzed flush using the router.