Deadlights

I have made and dry-fitted the deadlights. These have been cut with the jig-saw from A4 size sheets of 6 mm acrylic. You can make two from each A4 piece – just. I used the pre-drilled holes in the flanges as guides to drill the holes through the acrylic. SS c/s screws with small washers and dome nuts on the inside look quite ok. I will mask off the parts of the acrylic that are covered by the flanges, and I will apply some white paint before the final install with marine sealant (white). The flanges will also receive a couple of coats of varnish beforehand.

Now that all holes for cleats, fairleads and blocks are drilled, I have started to prepare for the big paint job — hence the blue tape everywhere.

IMG_1181

IMG_1182