The hardware installation on the cabin roof has been completed. Now I am waiting for a good day to do the final coat of paint on the fore-deck and in the cockpit. All the edges under the transom skirt and the forward rails are already done. I have masked the outside of each dead-light with … Continue reading Paint and hardware (2)
The boat had another coat of paint. I will apply another coat to the cockpit deck, footwell and forward deck. The underside of the sea hood slide received its final coat. Some of the hardware (cleats) on the cabin top has been installed.
The hardware on the masthead is attached. The pad-eyes are fixed with lengths of M5 316 threaded rod with washers and nuts on both sides. The jib halyard is attached with an endless loop (doubled up) of Dyneema around the mast. A pad-eye on the back of the mast holds the loop in position. This … Continue reading Masthead
The boom has had the last coat of varnish and the hardware has been installed. Two cheek blocks and two cleats for the reefing lines are on the starboard side. The block, cleat and a saddle for the outhaul are on the port side. Additionally there is a pad-eye for the topping lift, and a … Continue reading Spars
After a quick sanding, dusting and vacuuming, I have applied the first coat of enamel in the cockpit. The cabin tops have had their second coat of paint.
The gaff and foot-well floor received another coat of varnish after a light sanding. The cabin tops had the first coat of enamel. I have decided to paint the cockpit, cabin tops and fore-deck separately, rather than doing it all as one big job. The holes for the bolts to attach the removable tabernacle are … Continue reading Varnish, paint and bolts
I have made and dry-fitted the deadlights. These have been cut with the jig-saw from A4 size sheets of 6 mm acrylic. You can make two from each A4 piece - just. I used the pre-drilled holes in the flanges as guides to drill the holes through the acrylic. SS c/s screws with small washers … Continue reading Deadlights