I have made a small mounting block for the stern-light. The butterfly vents are installed inside the cabin. I have decided to put a layer of glass on the sides of the tabernacle. The installation of electrics progresses, and the 'home-grown' GPS unit is coming along. It works fine, but I need to build a … Continue reading Bits and pieces
The boom crutch, which will only be in place while the boat is on the trailer, is a laminated post made from a couple of lengths of 19 x 42 Tassie Oak. On top of the post is a short crossbar with two little uprights on either end. In the photo, the crutch is held … Continue reading Boom crutch
After I drilled the holes for the pad-eyes in the bow sprit, I discovered that the bottom slot in the furling drum (Barton) is too narrow for the eye. Rather than finding a smaller pad-eye or some other fitting, I took a file and modified the pad-eye. I relieved the sides of the loop by … Continue reading Little things
Rather than running the cable for the stern light through the existing and rather large holes in the floor supports, I have drilled a small hole in every floor as close as possible to the port side. Therefore, the thin cable for the LED light won't be in the way of ballast boxes and other … Continue reading Fitting out (3)
Installing the bow eye is another one of those 'interesting' tasks. The legs of the u-bolt needed to be shortened, because they were far too long to use a socket wrench, which is the only tool that can be used to tighten things up. Once the bolt was ready to install, I filled the holes … Continue reading Bow eye
The holes for the bolts in the tabernacle, the tabernacle brackets and the bow-sprit are drilled and filled with epoxy.
The cabin is painted and the masking tape has been removed. I needed to put a bit of epoxy around the cut-out of the ventilation openings, hence the new bits of blue tape. The rudder has a first coat of shiny stuff. I am modifying the sea-hood slide by glueing a little lip to the … Continue reading Cabin, hood, rudder