Sanding, sanding, sanding, …

After removing the floor boards, I have sanded the entire inside, feathering in every fibreglass seam. I spent a considerable amount of time grinding and sanding the fillets around the limber holes using a Dremel tool. Then I gave the bottom panels their final coat of epoxy, which, of course, will need to be sanded again once the epoxy has cured.

In the first picture you can see a minor modification. I doubled the width of the cleat for the floor-boards on bulkhead 2. I don’t like the look of the screws right near the edge of the floor-boards. This way, there is less worry about splitting the boards, and I will be able to drill and countersink the holes for the screws without any hassles during final installation of the floor-boards ( all other holes are already drilled and countersunk ).

Hull_37Hull_36